Sunday, March 27, 2011

Christ in you, the hope of glory

I have a friend who quotes this verse (Colossians 1:27) and I never really understood the magic of it. But tonight, while sitting through a video Beth Moore Bible Study, I feel like I've learned a little of the meaning and depth behind these words. The topic of the study tonight wasn't even on this verse specifically, it was just one of side verses she mentioned. But, I was able to connect with it.

You see, since November, my life has been in a spiral; a tornado at times. Without going into all of the lovely details, it has been the most stressful season of my life thus far. It was a period of time that I knew would end this spring once we had moved and were all settled and one that I knew I couldn't have good perspective on while I was still in the thick of it. I had so many points in which I felt like I was going to break down and completely lose it, but just somehow kept going. I couldn't think of anything I had to do tomorrow or the next day, because I had literally lists of things to consume my current day. And now, that my to-do lists of things to do and be concerned about are down to what I can count on on hand, I can see that the only way I could have gotten through the last six months was with God. It was 'Christ in me'. And tonight in realizing that the only way I am where I am now is through Him and in that He is glorified, I can see a glimpse of the hope of God being glorified in the future even more by my life.

God is continually bringing us to perfection, which is ultimately to His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment