Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Thought I would share...

I've been reminded a lot lately about the freedom in Christ we have. But lately, it's been from the perspective of the freedom to let things go and trust God. He is the only one who truly understands me, but that also means he is the only one who understands other people as well. He is the only one who truly knows where their heart is at, or where they are in their faith. And in that it is freeing. I can stop trying to worry or try to change another person. Instead I can turn to Christ.


"I must leave him his freedom to be Christ's ...Spiritual love recognizes thhe true image of the other person which he has received from Jesus Christ: the image that Jesus Christ embodied and would stamp on all men." -Bonhoeffer, "Life Together"



"We cannot encourage, teach, urge, (...) we are powerless to force spiritual understanding on another person" - Beth Moore, "Daniel"

No comments:

Post a Comment